Baby Marrow Fritters2014-09-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Delicious as part of a main course or served as a starter on rocket leaves.
- 5 large baby marrow, grated coarsely
- 1 medium white onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- vegetable oil for shallow frying
Combine baby marrow, onion, flour, egg and herbs in a medium bowl. Chill mixture if possible.
Cook 1/4 cup measures of baby marrow mixture, in batches, in hot oil until fritters are browned both sides and cooked through
Drain on absorbent paper.
Tip: Serve with Creme Fraiche and some Parmesan Cheese for sprinkling on top.