Baby Marrow Pancakes2014-08-19
- Cuisine: Family, Good For Kids, Party Ideas, Quick & Easy
- Course: Side Dish, Snack, Starter
- Skill Level: Easy
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
A great tasty recipe enjoyed at anytime of the day-breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- 80 mL Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 115 grams Self-raising Flour
- 350 grams Baby Marrow, Coarsely grated, excess
- moisture removed
- 125 grams Feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 60 mL Olive Oil
- 3 Tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 3 Spring Onions, pale section only, thinly sliced
Whisk the milk and eggs in a bowl. Gradually whisk in flour until combined. Stir in baby marrow, feta and chopped basil.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium- high heat. Drop three 60ml portions of the baby marrow mixture into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining mixture.
Meanwhile, combine the tomato, spring onions and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve with pancakes.