Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries2014-08-19
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Baked Brie with apples and cranberries is an elegant choice when entertaining guests.
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 round (240g) Brie Cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
- crackers or cocktail bread slices
Preheat oven to 176° C. Coarsely chop apple with food processor.
Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in small batter bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.
Cut Brie in half horizontally using utility knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on small bar pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly.
Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with assorted crackers or cocktail bread slices.