Baked Chicken Enchiladas2014-09-12
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
This is a Tex-Mex casserole dish that will be eaten up so fast and is simple to make.
- 10 Tortilla Wraps
- 455 grams Chicken Cooked and Shredded
- 455 grams Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 250 grams Canned Sweet Corn
- 568 mL Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup(s) Chicken Stock
- 1 Can Tomato Purée
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Chilli Powder
- 1 cup(s) Mayonnaise
- 1 cup(s) Chopped Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
- 1/4 cup(s) Coriander Chopped( Garnish)
- 20 grams Taco Seasoning (¼ tbsp chilli powder; ¼ tsp garlic powder; ¼ tsp each ground cumin, paprika, dried oregano and sugar; 1/8 tsp salt)
Mix shredded chicken, sweet corn, sour cream, chicken stock, taco seasoning, mayonnaise, ¾ of cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Prepare the sauce by adding the cumin and chilli powder to the tomato purée. Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
Line the bottom of the casserole dish with some sauce. Add the chicken filling to each tortilla, then roll closed and place into the casserole dish. Spread some more sauce over the top of the wrapped tortillas (enchiladas) and sprinkle with the chopped tomatoes, green chillies and remaining cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes at 200°C. Remove the foil and place under grill for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander.