Banana Cookie Bars with Nutella Buttercream Icing2015-10-21
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
- 5 cups Flour
- 2 sticks of butter; softened
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medium, ripe bananas; mashed
- FOR THE ICING
- 1/2 one 365g jar of nutella brand hazelnut spread
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk (more or less to reach desired consistency)
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, beat well and then add banana and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, using the lowest speed on your mixer.
Place parchment paper in a 9×13 pan and spread mixture evenly over pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 - 35 minutes, removing when the centre sets.
FOR THE ICING: Cream butter with nutella and then slowly add the powdered sugar. Add milk slowly, until desired consistency is reached.