Basic Burger Recipe2014-09-18
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 slices of bread, crusts removed
- 500 grams good-quality lean minced beef
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, preferably free-range or organic, beaten
- handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Put a splash of olive oil into a large frying pan on a low heat and add your chopped onions. Fry for 10 minutes or until the onions have softened, then put to one side to cool completely.
Blitz your crackers or bread in a food processor until you get a fine consistency.
Oil a clean baking tray and put aside. Put the cooled onions into a large bowl with the rest of the burger ingredients.
Use clean hands to scrunch the mixture together really well, then divide into 6 equal balls.
Wet your hands and roll the balls into burger- shaped patties about 2cm thick.
Cover them with cling lm and put the tray into the fridge for at least an hour, or until the patties firm up.