Basil Chicken Kebabs2017-08-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 2:00 h
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 2:10 h
- 80ml olive oil
- 3 tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsps freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tsps soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 11⁄2 tsps salt
- 3⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 450g chicken breasts, cut into 21⁄2cm cubes
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 (12-inch) metal or bamboo skewers
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, chilli, soy sauce, and basil in a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, courgettes, and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
Meanwhile, heat your grill to high heat or grill pan until it’s very hot.
Thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is nicely marked and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve with basil pesto.