Basil Stuffed Chicken2014-09-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
A simple and fun recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Chicken Breast, deboned and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon peel, finely grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
In a small bowl combine Parmesan cheese, basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and garlic; set aside.
Place each Chicken Breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound lightly to about 1⁄2 cm thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
Spread cheese mixture, tomato and basil on chicken. Fold in sides of each chicken breast; roll up, pressing edges to seal. Fasten with wooden toothpicks.
For sauce: in a small bowl combine lemon peel, lemon juice, and one tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
Cover and grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (80°C), brushing occasionally with sauce the last 10 minutes of grilling.