Beetroot and Rice Salad2015-12-01
- Cuisine: Christmas
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 1 cup Probrands Brown Rice
- 1 cup roasted beetroot, chopped into chunks
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1-2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mint to garnish
Cook the brown rice according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl.
Stir the spring onions, pecan nuts, tarragon and beetroot though the rice.
Mix together the dressing ingredients and taste to check the seasoning.
Stir the dressing through the salad.
Add the rice salad on a large serving dish and garnish with fresh mint. Serve chilled.