Beetroot, Butternut & Chickpea Salad2018-07-31
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
An earthy, sweet and wholesome salad.
- 240g butternut, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 beetroot, peeled and cut into cubes
- 150g chickpeas
- 3 tsps olive oil
- pinch of ground coriander
- pinch of ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 200g smoked chicken breast, sliced
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 50g feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the butternut beetroot, chickpeas, one teaspoon of oil, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking tray. Cook the vegetables for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Set the vegetables aside to cool.
Combine the rocket leaves, butternut, beetroot, chickpeas and chicken in a medium bowl.
Whisk the remaining oil, lemon zest and juice together in a small bowl, drizzle over the salad and toss gently to combine.