Cajun Chicken Salad2014-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
A good way to make a classic chicken salad even better!
- 1 butter lettuce
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 200 gram(s) feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) green olives
- 1 pinch(es) fresh origanum
- 1/2 cup(s) Ina Paarman's Feta & Garlic Salad Dressing
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) cajun spice
Layer the ingredients in a salad bowl. Toss lightly with the Feta & Garlic Dressing.
Butterfly each breast by cutting lengthways into the thickest side of the fillet, making sure not to cut right through. Open and pound lightly to flatten the breast to an even thickness. Brush with olive oil and season on both sides with Cajun Spice.
Prepare the braai or preheat a cast iron griddle pan until smoking hot. Cook the chicken, press down firmly to get char grilled marks. Turn only when the first side is nicely marked, then turn and sear the other side.
To serve, top salad with chicken breasts and drizzle with more Feta & Garlic Dressing