Cashew Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel2014-09-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
A scrumptious main meal for the whole family.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup(s) stale breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 egg
- 1 dash(es) vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
Using meat mallet, gently pound chicken, one piece at a time, between sheets of plastic wrap, until about 5 mm in thickness.
Blend or process nuts until coarsely chopped; combine in shallow medium bowl with breadcrumbs, rind and thyme. Whisk egg in another shallow medium bowl. Dip chicken in egg the coat in cashew mixture.
Heat oil in large frying pan; cook chicken, in batches. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve chicken with lemon.