- Servings : 4-6
These are a visual delight for any party. Almost any topping can be added as the end result is colourful and exciting!
- 2 loaves slim rye or baguettes, thinly sliced
- 600g cream cheese
- 4tbsp crème fraîche
- 2tbsp olive oil
- CROSTINI TOPPINGS
- 6 Cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 Hard boiled eggs
- 100g walnuts or pecan nuts
- ¼ cucumber, sliced into strips
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 10 strawberries, cut into wedges
- 100g blueberies or raspberries
- Balsamic reduction or vinegar
- Honey, for drizzling
- fresh herbs, for garnish
Brush and and toast bread of choice in oven, turning once, cool. (Can be made in advance and stored in airtight container).
Assemble the crostini - spread generously with the combined crème fraîche and cream cheese, and top with one ingredient topping per crostini. Drizzle drops of honey over the peaches and nut based crostini. Use the Balsamic reduction on the strawberries. Garnish as required and serve immediately.