Chicken Caesar Salad2015-09-30
- Cuisine: Family
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 42m
- FOR THE SALAD DRESSING
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise
- 11⁄2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-3 tbsps water
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- FOR THE SALAD
- 4 Irvine’s Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups croutons
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, to taste
For the dressing, add all ingredients except the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, water, and salt and pepper to the food processor. Process to combine.
While blending, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the processor. Add the Parmesan cheese, and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and thin with water to desired consistency.
Season the Irvine’s Chicken Breasts lightly with salt and pepper. Brush each chicken breast lightly with olive oil. Heat a griddle frying pan, and cook the breasts, for 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Add the romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl. Add a few tablespoons of dressing and toss to coat. Slice the warm chicken at an angle, and arrange on top of the salad leaves. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and croutons, and serve with extra dressing.