Chicken Caesar Salad2014-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
Use Cos lettuce to make into this sublime salad, also known as Romaine Lettuce. The perfect salad partner.
- 3 pieces of bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600 grams chicken breast fillets
- 4 bacon rashers
- 1 large cos lettuce, trimmed, torn
- 6 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh flat parsley
- 100 grams parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 6 drained anchovy fillets
- 3/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) hot water
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Combine oil and garlic in large bowl; add bread, toss to coat in oil mixture. Place bread, in single layer, and toast in oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook chicken and bacon, in batches, on heated oiled grill plate/grill until browned both sides and cooked through. Slice thinly.
Blend or process egg, garlic, juice, mustard and anchovies until smooth. With motor operating, add oil in a thin, steady stream until dressing thickens. If thinner dressing is preferred, stir in as much of the water as desired.
Combine all ingredients in large bowl with lettuce; toss gently to combine with dressing. Divide the salad among 4 serving bowls; top with shaved parmesan to finish.