- Cuisine: Family, Winter Ideas
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 6
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 20m
- 1kg chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tsps red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 200g ghee
- 500g onion, chopped
- 3 tsps coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
Heat the ghee in a pan over moderate flame. Add cumin and garam masala. Add onions and cook till golden. Add the chicken, ginger, garlic, salt and yoghurt. Mix well and cover.
When chicken is half done, add all other spices and cook for few minutes on medium flame. Keep stirring till the chicken is properly cooked. Cook further till the oil starts separating from the mixture. Add one cup water and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve with rice.