Chicken or Steak Wraps2014-09-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Measurements of meat and vegetables are approximate. Adjust depending on your preference and the number of people you’re serving.
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or steak
- 2-3 bell peppers, stem and membranes removed and peppers quartered
- 1 large onion (any colour/variety) sliced into 1⁄2 slices
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon/lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 3 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp bbq or sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp onion powder
- sour cream
Place meat in a zip-top bag or shallow dish. Place vegetables in another.
In a medium bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and whisk well. Reserve 3-4 Tablespoons of marinade for later use. With remaining marinade, add a splash to the vegetables (enough for a light coating) and the remaining to the meat. Marinate in fridge.
Preheat frying pan or large skillet. Cook chicken for a few minutes on each side until cooked through and remove from pan. Cover with foil to keep warm. Add vegetables and cook until crisp tender.
Remove vegetables from cooking surface and slice. Slice meat. Toss with reserved marinade and serve in a ready made wrap (available from most supermarkets), smothered with sour cream.
Alternatively chop lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber in separate bowls in the centre of the table & individually make your own special wrap. There is nothing that wont go!!