Chicken & Potato Curry (Murgh Aloo Masala)2014-09-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 55m
An aromatic chicken curry that really is quick to make!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic, finely chopped
- tablespoon(s) oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) garam masala
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 450 grams chicken breasts
- 2 cup(s) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cup(s) potatoes, cubed
- 1 handful spring onions, chopped diagonally
- 2 cup(s) water
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli, and sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onions are softened.
Add the coriander seeds, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, and salt and toast for 10 seconds and then add the tomato paste. Stir well and then add the chicken, turning frequently as they cook.
Add the tomatoes, potatoes and water and mix well. Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
Cover and simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve the chicken masala with basmati rice and garnished with spring onions and sliced red chilli.