Chicken Rice Paper Rolls2015-05-27
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
- 10 rice paper rounds
- 1⁄2 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long thin sticks
- 1 avocado, halved, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 large roast chicken, skin removed, meat finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
Dip the rice paper rounds, 1 at a time, in lukewarm water for 30 seconds or until soft. Place them on a work surface.
Arrange some lettuce along length of 1 rice paper round. Top with some of the carrot, avocado, cucumber, red pepper and chicken. Fold the rice paper ends in and roll up firmly to enclose filling. Place on a platter. Cover with a damp tea towel. Repeat with remaining rounds, lettuce, carrot, avocado, cucumber, pepper and chicken.
Combine the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce in a screw-top jar. Secure lid and shake to combine. Slice rice paper rolls into halves. Place on a platter. Serve with dipping sauce.