Chicken Stuffed Peppers2014-09-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Keep it fresh & funky with this spicy little number!
- large red or yellow peppers
- 1 litre(s) boiling water
- 3 tablespoon(s) Vegetable or Chicken Stock Powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) long grain rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) Riscossa Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon & Herb Coat & Cook Sauce
- 1 cup(s) grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh basil or marjoram, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
Cut a lid off the top of each pepper and remove the seeds. Bring water to the boil. Add Stock Powder, lemon juice and prepared peppers. Cook for 6 minutes. Remove peppers and drain. Add the rice to the same water. Boil for 13-15 minutes, then strain the rice.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly brown the onion in the olive oil in a frying pan. Slice the breasts in 5mm slices. Add the chicken to the onion in the pan and stir-fry until just rm but not browned. Season with the Garlic Pepper Seasoning and add the cooked rice. Add the Lemon & herb Coat & Cook Sauce. Remove from heat. Add two thirds of the grated cheese and the basil.
Place the peppers cut side up in a small oven-proof dish so that they support each other. Spoon the stuffing into the peppers. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the tops of the stuffed peppers and sprinkle with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning. Bake for 30 minutes until the tops are golden brown.