Chicken Tikka Masala Skewers2014-08-26
- Cuisine: Party Ideas
- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 40m
Easy and flavourful skewers! Always great to put on the braai too.
- 2 tablespoon(s) tikka masala paste
- 1 cup(s) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 kilo(s) skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 3 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- TIKKA MASALA PASTE:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stick piece fresh root ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato puree
- 2 fresh red chillies, chopped
- 1 bunch oif coriander roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander seeds, toasted
Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine tikka masala paste with 1 cup yoghurt and season well. Coat the chicken in the marinade, then cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Coriander and Ginger Dipping Sauce: Place coriander sugar, ginger, garlic, olive oil and half the lime juice in a blender until smooth. Stir in remaining yoghurt. Season and chill until serving.
Thread chicken onto skewers, brush with extra oil and braai on hot coals, until cooked, 8-10 minutes, turn often.
Tikka Masala Paste: Blend together into a smooth paste. Keep in a sealed jar covered with oil.