Creamy Banana Pie2014-10-03
- Cuisine: Good For Kids
- Course: Desserts
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 4:00 h
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 4:05 h
- 200g ginger biscuits, finely crushed
- 70g butter or margarine, melted
- ½tsp grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon
- 175g ripe bananas,mashed
- 350g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 65ml thick plain yoghurt or soured cream
- 3tbsps dark rum or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 250ml whipping cream
- 3-4 bananas
Preheat a 180°C oven.
In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed biscuits, butter or margarine and spice. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
Press the biscuits mixture into a 9 in (23cm) pie dish, building up thick sides with a neat edge. Bake 5 minutes. Let cool, in the dish.
With an electric mixer, beat the mashed bananas with the cream cheese. Fold in the yoghurt or soured cream and rum or vanilla. Spread the filling in the biscuit base. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
For the topping, whip the cream until soft peaks form, spread on the pie filling. Slice the bananas and arrange on top in a decorative pattern.