Crumbed Skewered Sausages2014-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Similar to corn dogs from the USA.
- 12 thin pork sausages
- 6 slices stale wholegrain bread
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped parsley
- 50 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) grainy mustard
Lightly prick sausages, simmer in pan of water for 10 minutes, drain, cool, remove skin.
Combine bread, parsley, cheese, almonds and basil in processor, process until finely crumbed.
Push wooden skewers through sausages, dip sausages in combined eggs, mayonnaise and mustard, roll in breadcrumbs.
Barbecue until crumbs are golden brown and sausage cooked through.