- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
It only takes a few ingredients to make this simple and flavourful Indian inspired dish.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 21⁄2cm chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Indian curry paste or hot curry powder
- 1 tbsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- a few pinches sugar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water and add salt. Bring to the boil, covered, over high heat. Then boil gently for until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
Fry the onion and green pepper in a pan over medium heat until tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir vinegar with curry, coriander, mustard and sugar. Then slowly whisk in the oil.
Place the hot potatoes and the pepper and onion mix in a large bowl. Drizzle the curry dressing over the top. Sprinkle with the spring onions and red onion. Stir to evenly coat. Taste and add salt if needed.