Falafel Wraps with Grilled Vegetables and Salsa2014-09-22
- Cuisine: Middle East
- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
An easy last minute meal.
- 400 grams mixed beans, drained
- 400 grams chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) harissa
- 1 teaspoon(s) all spice
- 1 tablespoon(s) plain flour
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil for frying
- Side Dish
- 2 mixed colour peppers, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and halved
- 8 small tortillas
- 1 tablespoon(s) chilli sauce
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1 handful(s) mixed colour ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 fresh red chilli
- 1/2 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 lime
Process the beans and chickpeas. Finely grate in the lemon zest, add a pinch of salt and pepper, the harissa, allspice, flour and coriander stalks (reserving the leaves). Blitz until smooth. Take out the mixture and use clean, wet hands to quickly divide and shape into 8 patties about 1.5cm thick. Fry the falafels in shallow oil, turning when golden and crisp.
Season the peppers and onions and grill until charred. Set aside.
Put the tomatoes, chilli and half the coriander leaves into the processor. Add the garlic and squeeze in the lime juice, whiz until fine, then season to taste and pour into a serving dish.
Pop the tortillas into the microwave for 45 seconds while you marble the chilli sauce into the cottage cheese. Squeeze the juice of half the zested lemon over the charred veggies.
Garnish coriander leaves on falafels and display on table for everyone to assemble their own wraps.