Figs On Bread With Creme Cheese2014-09-10
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 9m
A unique tasty recipe, with a lusciously sweet with a texture that combines the chewiness of fresh figs and smooth skin.
- 6 Slices Baguette. 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon(s) Coarse Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounce(s) Thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 Small Punnet figs, cut into 8 small wedges
- 2 tablespoon(s) Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Extra virgin oil, for drizzling
- 1 Fresh thyme sprig, for garnish (optional)
Preheat the Grill. Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
Lay the bread slices on a baking sheet and place it as close to the heat source as possible. Grill the bread until golden brown on one side, about 1 to 2 minutes. Turn over slices and repeat.
Lay the prosciutto on the bread slices, cutting it if necessary to fit. Toss the figs with balsamic vinegar and place on top of prosciutto.
Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garnish with thyme if desired and serve at once (so the toast doesn’t turn soggy).