- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Fish in a bag is a healthy, simple and beautifully flavoursome way of cooking fish
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 lemons, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 white fish fillets, such as tilapia or hake
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme, chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- A splash of white wine, for each parcel
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Place the red pepper, lemon slices, tomatoes, oil and sh in a large bowl. Season and gently combine. Place each fish fillet onto a 35 x 45 cm piece of grease proof paper and place the red pepper, lemon slices, tomatoes, thyme and oil on top of the sh. Pour in the wine and wrap the sh in the baking paper and tie the two ends with kitchen twine.
Place the bag on a baking tray and cook for 18 to 20 minutes. Once cooked, place the bag on a serving plate and gently pierce to release the steam. Serve in the bag slightly opened and garnished with basil. Delicious with some steamed broccoli or green beans.