Grilled Lime & Chilli Mealies2017-09-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
- 6 mealies, in their husks
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- juice of 3 limes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 12 bamboo sticks
Prepare the braai. Grill the mealies in their husks until the husks start to blacken, about 3 minutes per side.
Mix together the butter, chilli powder, cayenne pepper, lime juice and some salt and black pepper in a bowl until incorporated.
Peel back the mealie husks and break each mealie in half. Rub the chilli- lime butter all over the mealies. Skewer each mealie half with a bamboo stick and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and fresh coriander.