- Cuisine: Family
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 6
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
- 3 yellow peppers, seeded and thickly sliced
- 3 baby marrows, sliced lengthwise
- 2 eggplants, sliced lengthwise
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 250g asparagus, trimmed
- 5 leeks, sliced
- 60ml plus 2 tbsps olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsps mixed fresh herbs
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare the braai (medium-high heat).
Brush the vegetables with 60ml of olive oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper.
Grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 8 to 10 minutes.
The key to getting those great grill marks is to not shift the vegetables too frequently once they’ve been placed on the hot grill.
Meanwhile, whisk the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and mixed herbs in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle the herb mixture over the vegetables. Serve the vegetables, warm or at room temperature.