Grilled Veggie Kebabs2018-09-28
- Cuisine: Party Ideas
- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 6
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 12m
Add a splash of colour to your summer feast with these easy kebabs.
- 50ml olive oil
- 60ml white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsps fresh basil, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 mealie, sliced into chunks
- 1 red pepper, sliced into chunks
- 100g mushrooms, quartered
- 4 baby marrows, 2 sliced lengthways, 2 sliced horizontally
- 100g pitted green olives
- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes
- wooden skewers
Soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Wrap the long baby marrow slices around the olives. Thread all the vegetables alternately onto skewers; brush generously with marinade.
Grill on the braai over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a Greek yoghurt dip.