Halloumi & Vegetable Mediterranean Stack2014-11-25
- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 40m
- For the dressing 1 x 200ml/7 oz pot low-fat crème fraîche
- 1⁄2 handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 ruby grapefruit juice and flesh
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the vegetable stack 1 each red, green, and yellow sweet peppers, quartered, seeds removed
- 1 medium aubergine, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- olive oil
- 1 x 250g/9oz block halloumi
- To serve courgette flowers (if available) 4 mint sprigs
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
For the dressing, mix the crème fraîche, mint, grapefruit juice and grapefruit flesh in a bowl until well combined. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Set aside until needed.
For the vegetable stack, place the peppers, aubergine and courgette onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly crisp on the outside. Set the vegetables aside.
Cut the halloumi lengthways into eight slices. Brush a griddle pan with oil and place it over a medium heat. Add the halloumi to the griddle pan and cook for 20-30 seconds on each side, or until golden-brown griddle marks appear on both sides.
o serve, place a slice of griddled halloumi onto each of four plates and stack alternate slices of the vegetables on top. Top with an- other slice of the halloumi. Serve the dressing alongside the vegetable stack. Garnish with a courgette flower (if using) and one of the mint sprigs.