Hokkien Mee with Beef2014-09-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
A quick and easy last minute meal!
- 300g hokkien noodles
- 1tbsp peanut oil
- 700g beef rump steak, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh small thai chillies, sliced thinly
- 1 small red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small green pepper, sliced thinly
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
Place noodles in medium heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, separate with fork, drain.
Heat half the oil in wok; stir-fry beef, in batches until browned.
Heat remaining oil in wok; stir-fry onion until soft. Add ginger, garlic and chilli; stir-fry until fragrant. Add peppers and mushrooms; stir-fry until tender.
Return beef to wok with noodles and sauces; stir-fry until hot and well coated.