Hummus & Pita2014-08-27
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
Enjoy a light and delicious start by creating this simple summer recipe.
- 300 grams canned chickpeas
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 150 mL tahini (sesame seed paste) optional
- 6 tablespoon(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra vigin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 6 rounds of pita bread
Drain the chickpeas and rinse. Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, and water in a food processor, and blend to a creamy purée. Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Turn out into a bowl, and make smooth with the back of a spoon.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with pita bread, warmed in a moderate oven for three minutes, and cut into quarters.