Italian Summer Pasta2015-11-30
- Cuisine: Party Ideas, Quick & Easy
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- 2 cups red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp oregano, chopped
- 500g good quality spaghetti pasta
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Additional chopped fresh herbs, for garnish
Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 180˚C.
In a large, glass baking dish, toss the tomatoes with the oil, garlic, vinegar, salt, chilli flakes, and pepper. Roast until the tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the basil, parsley, and oregano. Stir well.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Toss with the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the tomatoes and pan juices and cook over low heat until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large serving bowl.
Add the Parmesan Cheese. Garnish with additional herbs or salad leaves, as desired, and serve immediately.