Lamb Kebabs with Mint Pesto2015-10-10
- Cuisine: Party Ideas
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 2:00 h
- Cook Time : 10m
- 1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup (packed) fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2 tsp coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds, freshly ground
- 800g trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into 11⁄4 inch cubes
For pesto: Blend first 7 ingredients in processor to coarse purée. With machine running, gradually pour in 1⁄2 cup oil; purée until almost smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl. Season.
For kebabs: Mix 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, coarse salt, and coriander in medium bowl. Add lamb; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
Prepare braai on medium high heat. Thread lamb on metal skewers Place on baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with extra pepper. Grill to desired doneness, turning occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare.
Arrange kebabs on serving platter. Drizzle each kebab very lightly with pesto and serve remaining pesto alongside.