Lamb Kofta with Spiced Yoghurt2014-09-19
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 40m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 50m
A delicious treat with a bit of spice to boot.
- 1/4 cup(s) burghul
- 500 grams minced lamb
- 1 egg
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 2 red Thai chillies, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 500 grams thick yoghurt
Cover burghul with cold water in small bowl; stand 10 minutes. Drain; pat dry with absorbent paper to remove as much water as possible.
Using one hand, combine burghul in large bowl with lamb, egg, onion, nuts and herbs. Roll rounded teaspoons of the lamb mixture into kofta balls. Place on tray, cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
Heat oil in large frying pan; shallow-fry kofta, in batches, until browned all over and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve hot with spiced yoghurt.
For the spiced yoghurt, combine ingredients (from chillies down) in medium bowl.