Layered Banana Sundae2014-09-11
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 10m
An easy tasty dessert to make when you have limited time.
- 2 tablespoon(s) Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Golden Syrup
- 55 grams Unsalted Butter
- 4 Scoops of caramel or vanilla ice cream
- 4 Bananas
- 6 tablespoon(s) Shop-bought fresh custard
- 150 mL Whipping or Double cream, beaten to semi-stiff peaks
- 25 grams Toasted flaked almonds
Heat together the sugar, syrup and butter until boiling and emulsified. Divide between four sundae glasses or tumblers, leaving some for a second layer and a final drizzle. Allow to cool slightly.
Place a scoop of ice cream onto the caramel. Add another layer of caramel and another scoop of ice cream, then top with the sliced bananas. Spoon over the custard and the remaining banana slices.
Top with the whipped cream and scatter over the almonds. Finally, drizzle over the remaining caramel sauce. Serve immediately