Lime Grilled Prawns2014-09-19
- Cuisine: Family, Party Ideas, Spicy
- Course: Main Course, Snack, Starter
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Lime has a sharper, more aromatic taste than lemons. Try this and see!
- 32 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 green chilli peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm piece fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
Place the prawns and lime zest in a large, non-metallic bowl. Place the lime juice, chilli pepper, garlic, ginger, and onion in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. You may need to add a little oil to facilitate blending. Pour over the bowl of prawns, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing each rst through the tail, and then the head.
Brush grill grate with oil. Cook prawns for 5 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.