Maple Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes2014-09-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:30 h
A yummy twist on a classic Sunday roast.
- 1 large chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
Heat oven to 200°C.
Rinse the chicken & pat it dry.
Arrange the chicken, onion & sweet potatoes in a 20x30cm baking dish.
Drizzle the oil over the chicken & vegetables & season with salt & pepper. Toss to coat. 5. Drizzle with the maple syrup & top with the sprigs of thyme.
Roast, stirring the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hr 15 mins.