- Cuisine: Party Ideas
- Course: Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 3m
- Ready In : 72:03 h
Turn an ordinary olive into something moreish and unique
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 red chillis, nely chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves removed from the stem
- Peel of half a lemon, cut into thin strips
- 400g mixed olives
- 1 Tablespoon dried fennel seeds
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, garlic, thyme, fennel seeds, chillies, rosemary and lemon peel over medium-low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic and herbs become fragrant.
Add the olives, toss to coat and gently heat until warmed through. Transfer to a jar to cool, then cover and refrigerate for 1 to 3 days to marinate if not using immediately.
Remove olives from the jar from refrigerator an hour or two before serving and bring to room temperature. Garnish with fresh chopped thyme.