Mediterranean Couscous Salad2014-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Try this al fresco with friends, as a side or as the star of the show!
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil (1 tbsp for the tomatoes, 1 tbsp to toss with the couscous)
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 350 grams couscous
- 1 red and green pepper, stems and seeds removed and cut
- 1 cup(s) fresh mint leaves, packed plus a few small sprigs for garnish
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 170°C.
Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil on the tomatoes and peppers and roast for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and cut into wedges or in half.
Cook couscous and toss with 1 tablespoon reserved olive oil.
For the dressing, add the vinegar to a blender and replace the cover. Turn on the blender and through the feed opening add, 1 at a time, the garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper. Leaving the blender running, add the olive oil in a slow thin stream. Set aside briefly.
Toss together the couscous, tomatoes, peppers, onion, mint leaves, and cucumber with enough of the dressing to coat. Serve additional dressing on the side.