No Bake Granola Bars2014-09-09
- Yield : 24
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
An essential and easy treat. Good enough for the young and old.
- 2 cup(s) puffed rice cereal
- 2 cup(s) oats
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup(s) dried fruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) brown rice syrup (or honey)
- teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) mini chocolate chips(optional)
Combine cereal, oats, nuts, seeds, coconut and fruit in a large mixing bowl.
Heat the peanut butter, syrup, and vanilla in a small sauce pan until warm. Do not boil.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture. Mix well while syrup is still warm.
Pour mixture into a 20x15cm pan. Pack the mixture down firmly with moist fingers or the bottom of another 9x13cm pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Sprinkle on the mini chocolate chips at this point and press them in firmly. Cover with plastic wrap. Cool completely and cut into 24 bars.
Wrap individually and store in fridge.
Keeps well for up to one week (if they can be kept secret).