Orange, Onion & Black Olive Salad2014-08-26
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Quick & Easy
- Course: Salad, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
This salad is great with grilled meats, roast chicken or as an accompaniment to hummus and bread.
- 3 oranges
- 1 onion, sliced
- 80 grams pitted black olives
- 3 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds, toasted
- 6 tablespoon(s) fresh coriander leaves
Cut the top and bottom off each orange. Stand on one end and cut off the peel in strips so that the pith and membrane is removed.
Slice each orange into thin, horizontal slices. Reserve any of the juice, and arrange the oranges on a platter. Scatter the onions and olives across the oranges.
Whisk together the reserved orange juice with the olive oil, black pepper and paprika. Drizzle over the orange salad. Scatter the toasted cumin seed and coriander leaves over the salad and serve.