Oven Baked Wedges with Chilli and Thyme2014-09-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Low fat, delicious and easy to make. Great for finger food and easy entertaining.
- tablespoon(s) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) seal salt flakes
- olive oil, to grease
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, thickly sliced lengthways, cut into 1.5 cm-thick batons
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, extra
Place the thyme, chilli, pepper and half the salt in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until coarsely crushed. Stir in the remaining salt.
Preheat oven to 250°C. Brush 2 baking trays with oil to grease. Line with non-stick baking paper.
Place the potato in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the oil and half the salt mixture, and toss to coat.
Arrange the potato, in a single layer, on the prepared trays. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 15 minutes or until golden.
Serve with remaining salt mixture.