Pan-Fried Halloumi with Fattoush Salad2014-09-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
A quick and delicious Lebanese meal, adapted from Anthony Worrall Thompson’s Fast Family Food
- 1 large pitta bread, halved horizontally, then cut into wedges
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 good tomatoes, seeded and roughly cut
- 1 red onion, halved then thinly sliced
- bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- teaspoon(s) sweet paprika
- 60 mL lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- grams halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
- teaspoon(s) ground cumin
Preheat oven to 170°C. Place the pita wedges on a flat oven tray and cook until crisp – about 8 minutes. Drizzle with a little olive oil and rub gently with the garlic.
Meanwhile toss together the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, parsley and paprika. Combine two tablespoons of the oil with the lemon juice, s & p, then crush the garlic and add it to the dressing.
Heat a frying pan with the remaining oil, then sprinkle the cheese with cumin and fry the slices until golden on both sides for about 6 minutes.
Toss the salad with the crisp pitta and the dressing. Place on four plates and top each with two slices of halloumi.