Pasta Salad with Asparagus2014-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
A light, fresh salad that you can make ahead of time if you are expecting guests.
- 500 grams farfalle pasta
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut in 3cm lengths
- 200 grams sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil, torn
- 60 mL fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) caster sugar
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Rinse under cold running water. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly.
Cook the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain. Place the pasta and asparagus in a large bowl.
Add the sun-dried tomato, basil and lemon rind. Whisk the lemon juice, oil, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Add to the pasta mixture. Toss to combine. Season with pepper.