- Servings : 4
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 40m
Pecan Nuts are local, available and delicious used in either sweet or savoury.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) golden brown syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) shelled pecans, chopped
- 9 inch unbaked pie crust / pastry
- 1/3 cup(s) shelled pecan halves
Preheat oven to 200°C
Line a 9-inch pie pan with the pastry.
Beat the eggs well in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, syrup, salt, melted butter and vanilla to the eggs, and mix thoroughly.
Sprinkle chopped pecans in pastry-lined pan. Pour egg mixture over pecans.
Arrange pecan halves around the edge of filling next to crust for decoration.
Set on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to
160°C and bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until set
Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.