- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
These are enjoying a revival from the 70s, try with a Steak Diane if you want to go retro!
- 2 baby cos lettuce hearts, quartered
- 2 avocados, halved and thinly sliced
- 12 large cooked king prawns, peeled and tails intact
- lemon wedges for serving
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 140 mL light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) pouting cream, whisked to soft peaks
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) brandy, or to taste
- 8 dash(es) Tabasco, or to taste
For cocktail sauce, process yolks, mustard and vinegar in a small food processor until frothy (1-2 minutes), slowly add oil in a thin continuous stream until incorporated. Transfer to a bowl, add remaining ingredients, stir to combine, season to taste and refrigerate until required. Makes 310ml.
Arrange cos lettuce and avocado in glasses. Divide prawns between glasses, drizzle over cocktail sauce (you may have some remaining) and serve with lemon wedges.