- Cuisine: Spicy, Winter Ideas
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
- 2 red chillies, split and seeded
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 21⁄2 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 14 curry leaves, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, cracked
- 500g prawns, cleaned & deveined
- 300ml coconut milk
In a food processor, blitz the chillies, onion and ginger with 3 tbsp water into a paste.
Heat the oil in a pan. When hot, toss in the mustard, fenugreek and curry leaves and fry for 10 seconds.Add the onion paste, turn the heat down and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the turmeric and cracked peppercorns and stir. Add the prawns. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer, stirring all the time. Cook until everything is heated through. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with rice.