Pulled Pork Rolls with BBQ Chilli Sauce2014-09-22
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 2:15 h
- Ready In : 2:30 h
This recipe is for when you have the crowds around- prepare the ham and sauces a day ahead and quickly assemble in the morning.
- 1 kilo(s) Free Range Pork( Gammon or Fresh leg/ shoulder cut)
- 2 Chillies, (heat dependent)-seeds removed and chillies cut into rounds
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 220 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 250 mL Vinegar
- 125 mL Soy Sauce
- 1 Cornflour to thicken
- 4 Thick Slices toasted sour-dough or ciabatta loaf
- 1 handful(s) Rocket leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Place the pork in a large roasting tin and cover with 800ml water. Cover with tinfoil – loosely so the pork has space. Seal the edges to secure the foil, place in the oven and cook for 2.5 hours.
Make the sauce in the meantime: fry the onion in a glug of olive oil for a few minutes until translucent and cooked through. Add the garlic and smoked paprika, cook for another minute.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Remove the cooked pork from the oven, keep covered and al- low to cool. Then remove all the meat from the bones and mix with 125ml of the cooking liquid.
Mix a few tablespoons of the cooked sauce with the corn our and add to the sauce, cook for a further 10 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and bottle.
Top the slices of sour-dough toast with pulled pork and an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce. Top with the rocket and serve.